Hanging a chandelier in your home is an opportunity to display an extravagant art piece - and they aren't just for dining rooms anymore! Bedrooms, bathrooms and even walk-in closets are unexpected and fun places to showcase these brilliant beauties. Contemporary chandeliers go far beyond crystals and candleholders. Many designs now feature a variety of metals, rustic features, are made completely of glass, and have striking, defined art-deco features with avantgarde embellishments.
Follow the below tips to choose the right modern chandelier for your home.
1. Contemporary chandeliers do not have to be hung in a modern home. Juxtapose a stately Victorian home with a colorful metal or re-purposed fixture for a unique affect.
2. Choose the same elements for the chandelier if the surrounding space is furnished in a particular metal or color, such as silver or pewter accents.
3. Add recessed lighting in key areas to avoid relying on a chandelier as the primary source of light in a room.
4. Be sure the size of your chandelier is proportionate to the size of your room. As an example, if your room is 12 feet by 12 feet, you should look for a chandelier with a diameter of at least 24 inches.
5. Measure carefully if you are hanging your chandelier in an area other than over a table for the proper height clearance.
Browse Louie Lighting today for an extensive list of contemporary chandeliers available now from the top manufacturers in the industry!
We are here to help. For assistance choosing the right fixture for your home, please contact us at email@example.com or call us toll free at 1.877.385.2104